The school is committed to the development of all its pupils through the provision of a high quality education and caring school community based upon a Christian ethos.
We work towards developing the intellectual, physical, moral, spiritual and creative areas of our children’s lives so as to better equip them for their roles in a rapidly changing society.
Specifically we aim to:
- Create a warm, welcoming, well organized environment for learning
- Provide a broad and balanced, stimulating curriculum which includes the core curriculum
- Make children increasingly independent in their learning
- Encourage skills of problem solving and decision making
- Offer opportunities for children to participate in physical, musical, creative and other activities which may be sustained and developed into adult life
- Prepare children to take their place as members of an ever changing multi cultural and socially evolving world
- Develop an awareness in children of the spiritual, philosophical, and aesthetic aspects of life
- Keep children enthusiastic and motivated in education and develop in them an ethos of life long learning whilst incorporating the challenges of new technologies
- Encourage self respect and a respect for others through courtesy and good manners
- Model appropriate behaviour and expect high standards in return at all times
- Develop inter personal skills to enable pupils to work and play co-operatively
- Promote and model a healthy lifestyle through encouraging regular exercise, good hygiene and a healthy diet
- Develop an active sense of responsibility for their school, and their local and wider environment including an awareness of global issues
- To take advantage of opportunities where appropriate, both locally and nationally, to support the curriculum and inspire children, utilizing the local environment and educational visits.